alison foxall: Tampa WordPress theme developer
I am a Tampa WordPress web designer and developer, and hobby photographer. I create website designs, code and develop websites into standard compliant XHTML and CSS, then integrate those websites seamlessly into a custom developed WordPress Theme to easily manage content.
Check out the brands that I’ve worked with:
what i do: services
Not only do I design user interfaces for WordPress and applications, I focus on branding and advertising.
If you already have a website design, I can easily code it in html5 and css for all major browsers up to IE7.
Tired of old content on your website? With WordPress you can easily manage your website without any xhtml knowledge. Every site I make comes with a custom WordPress theme.
Front-end web development. Creative map concept for new local digital advertising agency.
User interface design, front-end web development, and WordPress theme for Tampa lawyer.
Front-end web development for non-for-profit. Pro Bono work with team Ad 2 Tampa Bay.
Logo for fine dining: Obtuse, Fine urban cuisine.
Logo for Cafe Terra. Serving gourmet soups, salads & sandwiches.
Event logo for Ybor Food & Wine.
Product logo for organic bathing products.
Logo for a health and wellness center.
Logo for a website featuring articles and tutorials on design and web.
Alison has been in the web industry since the early 2000′s. She got her BFA in Graphic Design to pursue more creative aspects of building websites. She has created more sites than she can count, but only a few that she’s really proud of to show you here.
Alison’s extracurricular interests are in travel, culinary, and music. On a granular level, she loves open-source software, organic and green living, and integral philosophies. She’s into painting right now, mostly abstract pieces.
recognition + achievements
- Started Gobble Logic, a web application and design firm in Tampa, FL.
- Started Every Day Lunches, a blog about vegetarian food, sustainable life, and organic living.
- Involved in the GMO Labeling Initiative, nationally and for the state of FL. Created national GMO Free logo as well as campaign logos for Florida’s 2014 Ballot Initiative.
- Appointed to organizer/president of the Tampa Bay WordPress Group
- Launched Ad 2′s New WordPress Website
- Spoke at WordPress meetups on topics relating to custom theming
- Appointed to Digital Co-Chair for the AAF, Fourth District which encompasses all of Florida and the Caribbean.
- Launched the 4AAF’s new custom WordPress Website integrating membership management
- Released GobbleBlank, an open-source WordPress theme to speed development.
- Gold Addy Award for SocialForces.com. Involved with front-end coding.
- Spoke at BarCamp 2010 on topic “HTML to WordPress, Creating your first custom Theme“
- Selected for a Web Panel local speaking engagement (Meetup Group).
- Elected on the executive board as the Web Design Director for Ad 2 Tampa Bay.
- Selected to write an article featured in Artistik Magazine.
- Exposed in Artistik Magazine for Spring Issue.
- Winner of Silver Addy for Interactive Category for Artistik Envy website.
- Art work featured at the Tampa Museum of Art’s “Art after Dark” event.
- Selected to develop Ad 2 Tampa Bay’s Public Service Website: 1Here 1There.
latest blog posts
- How to use WordPress shortcodes in text widgets
- Adieu, Media Temple
- Why it’s a great idea to have your values and views on your business website: sustainable WordPress developers
- Installing WordPress locally on Mac with MAMP
- Installing a local version of WordPress on your computer how-to event
- What I learned at SxSW 2011
- Why you still need to be teaching tables for layout
- New ‘Spam’ Blog, new Job!
- Alison Foxall speaks on WordPress custom theme development at Barcamp Tampa 2010
- Open source HTML5 code for embedding iPad video player